Seems there’s a “report” claiming that by the year 2050 humans will engage in sexual relations with humanoid looking sex robots more so than with other humans.
“ 1. By 2030, most people will have some form of virtual sex as casually as they browse porn today.
2. By 2035 the majority of people will own sex toys that interact with virtual reality sex.
3. We will start to see some forms of robot sex appearing in high-income, very wealthy households as soon as 2025.
4. We will start to see robot sex overtaking human-human in 2050.
5. Leisure spending could grow by a factor of five, and the sex market in 20 years could be three times bigger than today and seven times bigger by 2050.
6. Sex toys will account for a UK market of over £1bn.“
Even though technology by the 2050’s will probably allow us to make realistic looking humanoid robots to fulfill some sort of emotional void or simply for sexual companionship, I doubt this will be the case.
Virtual reality and humanoid sex robots
The video game industry has been boomin’ over the past couple decades. Virtual reality gaming and even virtual reality porn have recently made some headway in the mainstream as well.
We also have people talking about putting microchips in other people to track personal details, passwords, banking info etc.
By 2050, technology may be so advanced that we may even be able to simulate a full immersion virtual reality environment where you don’t even know that you’re in such a simulated reality.
Some scientists even claim that our present day reality may in fact be a simulation.
The point is, if we have the capability to simulate an experience that is indistinguishable from real life, why would people buy a humanoid sex robot? Why wouldn’t they invest in a simulated experience that feels as if it’s completely real?